With Summer coming into full swing and the kids being home from school, its time to get creative with our breakfasts. This month, we wanted to turn up the heat and add a little spice to breakfast with these 6 Mexican Inspired Eggs! The best part is, most of these recipes are easy to make for a crowd or larger group so if you have several mouths to feed, we’ve got you covered. There are also a few which are great for on-the-go options whether you’re running the kids to sport practices, day camps or play dates, you can still send them off with a nutritious and delicious breakfast on the go!
The first dish up on our list of Mexican Inspired Eggs is this fun Breakfast Nacho recipe! This grab and go tray is perfect to whip up for brunch snacking or even for a mid-day treat! We made ours a little spicy with some jalapenos and peppers, but feel free to customize your nacho toppings to your likings.
Ingredients (serves 6)
6 large Noah’s Pride eggs
12 oz chorizo, cooked and crumbled
1 bag tortilla chips (12oz)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
¾ cup queso fresco, crumbles
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 jalapeno, sliced
2 scallions, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
½ cup sour cream
salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread tortilla chips onto a greased baking sheet and top with cooked chorizo, black beans, cheeses, tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Carefully crack and arrange eggs on top and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked to preferred hardness.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with scallions and top with avocado and sour cream dallops. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve immediately.
Cheesy Jalapeno Egg Cups
Up next, is another dish that punches the spice: these Cheesy Jalapeno Egg Cups! These are a great grab-and-go option and can even be made in batches ahead of time! Just keep in the freezer in an airtight bag or container and reheat in the microwave as needed! Looking for more make-ahead options this summer? Check out some of our other recipes here.
Ingredients (serves 12)
10 large Noah’s Pride eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp pepper
2 jalapenos, 1 minced and 1 sliced
2 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Whisk until well combined, then stir in minced jalapeno, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and bacon.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased muffin tin, and top each with some jalapeno slices.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and serve immediately. Leftovers can last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to a month.
These Mexican Inspired Eggs are rolled up in perfect bite-sized Breakfast Taquitos with lots of cheese and a link of sausage. We made ours using mini tortillas for a more bite-sized, snack-y option, but just double up on your sausage links and eggs if you’re using full size tortillas. These are so good dipped in salsa and won’t last long, we recommend doubling the recipe if you have a group to feed!
Ingredients (serves 10)
5 large Noah’s Pride eggs, scrambled
sausage links, fully cooked
1 ½ cup shredded cheese
1 cup baby spinach, if desired
- Start by warming your tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds on each side.
- Divide your scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Add sausage links and spinach, if desired, and roll up the tortilla. Place each taquito, seam side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas start to get golden brown. Serve with salsa and enjoy hot!
This classic Mexican dish may be the most authentic of our Mexican Inspired Eggs! For those of you have prefer a savory breakfast as opposed to a sweet one, this dish features a crispy, fried tortilla and homemade Ranchero sauce which makes the recipe! Since Huevos Rancheros is a little bit more involved than some of the other recipes we’ve compiled, we recommend saving this one for a weekend brunch when you’re not in a hurry to get out the door.
Ingredients (serves 5)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato sauce (15oz)
1 jar roasted piquillo peppers (12oz)
1 can chopped green chillis (4.5oz)
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp liquid smoke
½ cup heavy cream
10 large Noah’s Pride eggs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
10 four tortillas
12 oz Mexican chorizo
1 can black beans (15oz)
2 avocados, sliced
½ cup queso fresco, cooked and crumbled
- In a small pan, heat oil and shallots over medium heat. Saute for about 2 minutes before adding garlic.
- Drain peppers and add all remaining ingredients to the pan, excluding the heavy cream. Combine well and let simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the sauce until smooth. Stir in heavy cream and salt to taste.
- In two separate saucepans, heat ranchero sauce and beans over medium heat.
- In a separate skillet, add oil and let warm over medium-high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, allowing to puff up and then flip. Repeat with all tortillas and allow to drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan, cook your eggs, sunny side up to your liking.
- To assemble, top two tortillas with warm black beans, cooked eggs, chorizo, ranchero sauce, avocado and queso fresco. Dig in and enjoy!
Mexican Egg Bake
Another great option to feed a crowd, this Mexican Egg Bake is a no brainer, plus, it’s super easy to make and full of flavors! Jump combine all the ingredients together in a baking dish, pop in the oven and in about 25 minutes you have a delicious, one pan egg bake! Feel free to adjust any of the mix-ins and fillings to fit your preferences!
Ingredients (serves 6)
12 large Noah’s Pride eggs
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup kale, chopped
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup milk
½ cup salsa
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp green onion, diced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
- Whisk together eggs and milk until well combined. Stir in salsa and spices.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables in a greased baking dish and bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes or until eggs are full cooked and set.
- Top with green onion, cilantro and avocado and enjoy!
Mexican Egg & Cheese Quesadilla
The last of our Mexican Inspired Eggs is this Egg & Cheese Quesadilla. Not only are they healthy and delicious, but they also are so simple to make! What makes these quesadillas extra delicious, is getting a nice, crispy and golden-brown sear on each side before slicing and digging in. Plus, these are great on their own or dipped into salsa or sour cream if you prefer!
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 large Noah’s Pride eggs
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tsp oil
¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup shredded cheese
- In a bowl, beat eggs and salt, stir in cilantro.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat before adding in half of your whisked eggs. Tilt and move the pan so that the eggs evenly cover the bottom, then let the omelet set for 20-seconds.
- Sprinkle some beans into the omelet and using a spatula, gently run around the edge of the omelet, lifting, and loosening it away from the pan.
- Once the eggs start to set, sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese on the top of the omelet and place a tortilla on top. Carefully flip the omelet, so that the tortilla side is face down in the pan and repeat the cheese and tortilla layer to the other side, now face up.
- Allow the quesadilla to cook for about 1 minute before flipping again. Press down slightly with the spatula to help melt the cheese and crisp the tortillas.
- Once cooked to your liking, plate and slice your quesadilla into wedges. Serve up with salsa and sour cream for dipping and enjoy!
We hope these Mexican Inspired Eggs have inspired you to try something new for breakfast this Summer! If you make any of these recipes we’d love to see! Tag us in your creations on Facebook and Instagram @noahspride. Plus, we’re always looking for new and creative ways to cook with eggs, so if you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share with us, let us know!